July 17, 2013 | 127 views
EMFD extinguishes blaze at Mitchel Houses
No injuries in the fire
The East Meadow Fire Department responded to a fire at the Mitchel Houses senior residence, on 1485 Front Street on Wednesday morning.
Initial units were dispatched at about 8 a.m. to an electrical fire in Building One, which houses five apartments, according to a department spokesman.
All residents were safely evacuated and no injuries to either the residents or the responding firefighters were reported, according to Chief Walter Griffin.
Firefighters from the North Bellmore Fire Department assisted in extinguishing the blaze which was declared under control twenty minutes after the first units arrived.