Nine Calhoun High School student-athletes have signed letters of intent to play sports in college next year. The announcement was made at a news conference in the Calhoun auditorium last Friday.
“These Calhoun athletes have truly distinguished themselves by their commitment to playing a sport and now have the opportunity to continue to play on the college level,” said Assistant Principal Nicole Hollings. “Now they await the next chapter of their lives.”
The student-athletes include:
• Colin Bayer, lacrosse at Florida Southern College, Division 2.
• Kayla Cappuzzo, soccer at Northeastern University, Division 1.
• Emily Dolan, lacrosse at Western New England University, Division 3.
• Nicholas Fronte, baseball at Skidmore College, Division 3.
• Jack Kerner, lacrosse at Albertus Magnus College, Division 3.
• Kyle McGinley, lacrosse at Wagner College, Division 1.
• Eric Ohlendorf, soccer at Fordham University, Division 1.
• Samantha Sanky, softball at Utica College, Division 3.
• Joseph Zito, lacrosse at Lenoir-Rhyne University, Division 2.