Police reported the discovery of deadly levels of carbon monoxide on March 7 at a Meacham Avenue home after all four of its residents were found to have been sickened.
Officers received a call of an unconscious man at the house at 7:16 a.m. The 60-year-old man who was not identified was transported to a local hospital for treatment, more than an hour later, however, police received another call from the same house and returned to find two men, aged 27 and 20, and a 60-year-old woman suffering from nausea and headaches.
After evacuating the family members, who were also sent to a local hospital by ambulance, police reportedly detected high levels of carbon monoxide in the home. Additionally, members of the Elmont Fire Department also responded to the incident and they too confirmed high levels of carbon monoxide in the home, after which the house was ventilated.
All four victims of the poisoning are reported as being in stable condition.