August 26, 2014 | 704 views
LIRR to add extra getaway trains on Friday
Long Island Rail Road Adding 8 Early Afternoon Eastbound Trains on Friday, August 29 to Speed Your Getaway for the Labor Day Weekend
Running on Weekend Schedule Sat., Aug. 30 & Sun., Aug 31 & Holiday Schedule on Labor Day
MTA Long Island Rail Road will provide eight additional early-afternoon trains from Penn Station on Friday, August 29 for customers planning to get away early to start the Labor Day Weekend. There will be three extra Babylon trains, three extra Port Jefferson Branch trains, one extra train on the Port Washington Branch and one extra train to Far Rockaway.
Extra Train Service from Penn Station, Friday, August 29
Far Rockaway Branch
· 3:48 PM express from Penn Station to Locust Manor, then all local stops to Far Rockaway
· 2:32 PM train from Penn Station express to Lynbrook, and then all stops to Babylon.
· 3:00 PM train from Penn Station stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, and then all stops to Babylon.
· 3:31 PM train from Penn Station express to Rockville Centre, and then all stops to Babylon.
Port Jefferson Branch (to Hicksville and Huntington)
· 2:08 PM from Penn Station stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, then all stops to Huntington.
· 2:29 PM from Penn Station stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, then all stops to Huntington.
· 3:24 PM from Penn Station stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville.
Port Washington Branch (to Great Neck)
· 3:40 PM from Penn Station stopping at Woodside, Flushing-Main Street, and then all stops to Great Neck.
Weekend Schedule - Saturday, August 30 & Sunday, August 31
· On Saturday, August 30 and Sunday, August 31, the Long Island Rail Road will be operating on a regular Weekend Schedule.