Work with us
Sunday, October 4, 2015
L.B. resident was 'a block away' from Boston Marathon blast
(Page 3 of 3)
Long Beach resident Robin Lynch, pictured prior to the Boston Marathon, had raised money for girls' sports programs that were impacted by Hurricane Sandy. Her husband said that she was not injured in Monday's bombings and was returning home.

But Dream Big! offered to allocate a good portion of the funds raised to sports programs in areas affected by the storm. With 80 percent of the money she raised earmarked for Long Beach and the other 20 percent going to Dream Big!, Lynch set a goal of raising $5,000.

“It’s very hurtful,” her husband said of the bombings. “You go to do something for charity … and that’s what really shakes you up. There are a lot of people from the Long Beach area who run up there. You feel helpless about it.”


No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment
Terms of Use | Advertising | Careers | Contact Us | Community Links © 2015 Richner Communications, Inc.